This release brings the Fremantle version up to the current upstream release (and all Fremantle-specific tweaks are now integrated upstream). gPodder 2.0 has been released last week, and the new package version includes all changes necessary to make gPodder look good on Maemo 5. Based on your feedback, the next version of gPodder will support Maemo 5 at the same day at the release for other environments (Linux, Maemo 4 and Windows).
Don't forget to send some feedback after you've tried it out:
- Bugs should be filed here
- Rate/review gPodder in Extras-Testing (when it's been promoted)
- Discuss the new release on t.m.o
Go get it from Extras-Devel and (hopefully soon) Extras-Testing! Be sure to read the upgrade instructions if you have used an earlier version of gPodder for Maemo 5 before, so you don't run into problems.
Some highlights of the new release compared to the old releases:
- Automatic screen rotation (Portrait mode)
- YouTube user channels (try for example NokiaConversations or Rocketboom)
- Filters in the AppMenu (podcast/episode list)
- Visiting URLs (should open in web browser)
- Opening audio and video files (should open in media player)